Bulk Purchase Box of 16" Side Hung Window Hinges - 25 Pair
- WHIN-SH-16in-BOX (HIN06216) (5055621410351)
- Calculated at Checkout
Click for our Hinge Measuring Guide to help you choose the correct type and size of window hinge.
25 pairs ( 1 BOX ) 16" Side Hung Friction Stays by Cotswold - Side hung friction hinges for UPVC double glazing windows.
Although these are classed as a 16" window hinges the metric length is 406mm
- Stack height is 13mm - if you require 17mm stack height then we have easy-fit hinge packers available.
- Width is 18mm
- Supplied as a box of 25 pair.
- Also available in 12"
Information from the manufacturer
Conforming to all current British Building Standards and FENSA requirements.
- Manufactured in the United Kingdom using Ferretic stainless steel.
- Austenetic version for coastal areas available by special order.
- The stays have been proven to a lifetime 30,000 cycle guarantee.
- Conforms to the requirements of BS6375 Part 2 1987.
- Made by Cotswold Architectural Products
Window Hinge Measuring Guide
Step 1. Check the hanging of your window.
- If the handle is on the SIDE of the window, you need SIDE Hung Window hinges.
- If the handle is at the BOTTOM of the the window you need TOP HUNG hinges.
Step 2. Measure the length of the hinge.(A)
- The length is the track part that you can see when you open your window. Your old hinge may be a 10" but if you can fit a larger hinge in then do that. The few pennies extra will pay you back in extra years of service due to better weight distribution.
Step 3. Measure the width of the hinge. (B)
- Measure the width of the track that you have just measured, this could be either 15mm or 18mm.The most common one is the 18mm and is fitted on 90% of windows.
Step 4. Measure the stack height.
- This is not the easiest bit the do, the stack height is the actual thickness of the hinge. This can be difficult without taking the hinge off. Don't worry, THERE IS A WORKAROUND. We advise buying a pack of Hinge packers for a few pound that will enable all of our hinges to fit on your window regardless of the stack height. This will make you job infinitely easier and you will only have to remove the window opener once.
There are 2 different stack heights, 13mm and 17mm. The packers we sell clip on nice and snug to make the 13mm hinges up to 17mm with a simple clip on action.
Delivered for just £8