24" Restricted Opening UPVC Window Hinges
- WHIN-REST-COTS-24in (HIN06524) (5055621405852)
- In Stock
- Calculated at Checkout
Click for our Hinge Measuring Guide to help you choose the correct type and size of window hinge.
Restricted opening friction hinges for UPVC double glazing windows, and are for use on top hung windows
- Although these are classed as a 24" window hinges the metric length is 609mm
- Stack height is 13mm - if you require 17mm stack height then we have easy-fit hinge packers available.
- Width is 18mm
- Supplied as a handed pair where both hinges contain the restrictor catch.
- Also available in 12", 16" and 20"
** Due to postage restrictions on length these can only be sent via Courier. **
Other window restrictors are available
If you're not sure which is the best for you then call us on 01204 652211
Information from the manufacturer
- The child resistant catch limits the opening to 100mm maximum when restricted.
- Tested to BS6375 Part 2 1987 to withstand a force of 600N when opened to it's restricted position.
- Built in quick release levers allow windows to be fully opened for easy cleaning conforming to BS8213 Part 1 1991.
- The restrictor catch automatically resets when the window is closed.
- Cost effective alternative to additional restrictor stays and simple to fit.
- Widely used by many social housing specifiers and fabricators.
- Suitable for BS7415 kite marked windows and all local authority.
- Manufactured in the United Kingdom using Ferretic stainless steel
- Austenetic version for coastal areas available by special order.
- Made by Cotswold Architectural Products
Window Hinge Measuring Guide
Step 1. Check the hanging of your window.
- If the handle is on the SIDE of the window, you need SIDE Hung Window hinges.
- If the handle is at the BOTTOM of the the window you need TOP HUNG hinges.
Step 2. Measure the length of the hinge.(A)
- The length is the track part that you can see when you open your window. Your old hinge may be a 10" but if you can fit a larger hinge in then do that. The few pennies extra will pay you back in extra years of service due to better weight distribution.
Step 3. Measure the width of the hinge. (B)
- Measure the width of the track that you have just measured, this could be either 15mm or 18mm.The most common one is the 18mm and is fitted on 90% of windows.
Step 4. Measure the stack height.
- This is not the easiest bit the do, the stack height is the actual thickness of the hinge. This can be difficult without taking the hinge off. Don't worry, THERE IS A WORKAROUND. We advise buying a pack of Hinge packers for a few pound that will enable all of our hinges to fit on your window regardless of the stack height. This will make you job infinitely easier and you will only have to remove the window opener once.
There are 2 different stack heights, 13mm and 17mm. The packers we sell clip on nice and snug to make the 13mm hinges up to 17mm with a simple clip on action.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. All our window hinges come in pairs.
We can't promise that however if you have a upvc frame then its easy to put new screw holes in using self-tapping screws. Click here for screws
This is the thickness of the hinge when all the parts are closed or stacked on top of each other. Our hinges are all 13mm stack but if you need 17mm stack then our hinge packers will do the job for you.