16" Fire Escape and Easy Clean friction hinges for upvc double glazing windows.
This hinge allows the window to be opened to almost 90º , ensuring emergency access in the event of a fire. A simple mechanism also allows the window to smoothly slide along the track to be cleaned from inside the building
- Although these are classed as a 16" window hinges the metric length is 413mm
- Stack height is 13mm - if you require 17mm stack height then we have easy-fit hinge packers available.
- Width is 18mm
- All our hinges are supplied as a handed pair.
Also available in 12"
Information from the manufacturer
Conforming to all current British Building Standards and FENSA requirements.
Manufactured in the United Kingdom using Ferretic stainless steel.
Austenetic version for coastal areas available by special order.
The stays have been proven to a lifetime 30,000 cycle guarantee.
Conforms to the requirements of BS6375 Part 2 1987.
Made by Cotswold Architectural Products
Simple steps to help you Measure the Correct Window Hinges
- The part you need to measure is the main running track that is fixed to the frame (A in the illustration).
- If your size is for instance 10" but you can fit a 12" hinge in the gap then upgrade to that size. Cost wise it is only a few pennies extra but the extra length will extend the lifetime of the hinges before renewal is needed.
Remember to order the correct orientation. Below is an easy guide to show you if your window is Top Hung or Side Hung
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. All our window hinges come in pairs.
We can't promise that however if you have a upvc frame then its easy to put new screw holes in using self-tapping screws. Click here for screws
This is the thickness of the hinge when all the parts are closed or stacked on top of each other. Our hinges are all 13mm stack but if you need 17mm stack then our hinge packers will do the job for you.