Restricted opening friction hinges for upvc windows, and can be used on Top hung double glazing windows
- Although these are classed as a 12" window hinges the metric length is 311mm
- Stack height is 13mm - if you require 17mm stack height then we have easy-fit hinge packers available.
- Width is 18mm
- Supplied as a handed pair where both hinges contain the restrictor catch.
- Also available in 16", 20" and 24"
Information from the manufacturer
The child resistant catch limits the opening to 100mm maximum when restricted.
Tested to BS6375 Part 2 1987 to withstand a force of 600N when opened to it's restricted position.
Built in quick release levers allow windows to be fully opened for easy cleaning conforming to BS8213 Part 1 1991.
The restrictor catch automatically resets when the window is closed.
Cost effective alternative to additional restrictor stays and simple to fit.
Widely used by many social housing specifiers and fabricators.
Suitable for BS7415 kite marked windows and all local authority.
Manufactured in the United Kingdom using Ferretic stainless steel
Made by Cotswold Architectural Products
Simple steps to help you Measure the Correct Window Hinges
- The part you need to measure is the main running track that is fixed to the frame (A in the illustration).
- If your size is for instance 10" but you can fit a 12" hinge in the gap then upgrade to that size. Cost wise it is only a few pennies extra but the extra length will extend the lifetime of the hinges before renewal is needed.
Remember to order the correct orientation. Below is an easy guide to show you if your window is Top Hung or Side Hung
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. All our window hinges come in pairs.
We can't promise that however if you have a upvc frame then its easy to put new screw holes in using self-tapping screws. Click here for screws
This is the thickness of the hinge when all the parts are closed or stacked on top of each other. Our hinges are all 13mm stack but if you need 17mm stack then our hinge packers will do the job for you.